15 Industry-Leading Retailers & Manufacturers Including Coca-Cola European Partners, Coty, innocent drinks & More Confirmed To Speak At The Consumer-Driven Packaging Trends & Innovations Conference: Translating The Latest Consumer Trends & Market Innovations Into Exciting, Sales-Boosting & Sustainable Packaging
Written By Brands, For Brands. A One-Day Conference & Networking Event, 10th October, Museum of London Docklands, London.
THE 2018 PACKAGING TRENDS & INNOVATIONS CONFERENCE AGENDA
08.30 Registration & Coffee, Objective Setting
09.05 GIC Welcome, Interactive Voting Introduction & Morning Chair’s Opening Remarks
Head Of Customer Experience
Clos19 Moët Hennessy
TRENDS & INNOVATION - Q&A PANEL
09.25 Tapping Into Changing Consumer & Shopper Habits & Purchasing Behaviours For Forward-Thinking Packaging Which Appeals To The Customer (& Flies Off The Shelves)
- Online, convenience, travel, impulse and one-tap: how are today’s consumers shopping and what do we need to consider in our packaging designs or formats to keep turning heads?
- Do consumers really have such a short attention span? Determining the importance of continuously updating the appearance of your product to maintain shopper interest
- How do different product sizes impact the way consumers view the product? From smaller luxury products to single serve portions or large value-size offerings, what turns them off and what impacts purchase?
- Shelf to basket: what is important to customers and influences purchasing habits in-store and online
Head of Product Development & Inspiration
Winterbotham Darby & Co Ltd
Solutions For Retail Brands
KEYNOTE CASE STUDY
10.00 The Way In Which Products Will Be Packed Is Dramatically Changing… Exploring How New Public Policy Frameworks Around Packaging, Packaging Waste & Plastics Are Evolving The Future Of Packaging For Coca-Cola
Exploring how new public policy frameworks around packaging, packaging waste & plastics are evolving the future of packaging for Coca-Cola
Hans Van Bochove
Vice-President European Public Affairs
Coca-Cola European Partners
10.30 Morning Refreshment Break & Informal Networking
PLASTICS - Q&A PANEL
11.10 Incorporating Sustainability Into Innovation To Reduce Plastic In Packaging Without Compromising On Product Quality
- Less plastic, plastic-free or eliminating single-use plastics – what is that consumers are looking for, and what should we as manufacturers, be aiming to deliver?
- How much of a driver is 100% sustainable packaging for purchase?
- What are viable alternatives to plastics which retain the same functionality, shelf life and convenience?
- Successfully communicating plastic-reduction strategies to consumers in a way which boost brand reputation without being drawn into wider debates
- Are plastics really the enemy? How can plastic be incorporated into a sustainable packaging strategy - should we be looking at packaging lifecycle instead?
Director of Marketing
Founder & CEO
11.40 Sustainable Packaging For The New Plastics Economy
- Addressing the circular design challenge to minimise environmental impact
- Designing sustainability into NPD and packaging innovations
- Case Study: working collaboratively to bring the solutions to market
Sales & Innovation Director
IN-STORE ENGAGEMENT - POS
12.00 Packaging Is Your Peacock! Competing To Win In A Crowded Retail Environment With Innovative Packaging, Display & POS Fixtures
- From Pantone 18-3838 Ultra Violet, holographic prints and unconventional shapes to established branding, the aisle is your last chance to market your product and attract consumer attention - how do you ensure you get design innovation right?
- What are the hot point-of-sale packaging trends at the moment and how are consumer preferences going to change?
- How do shoppers navigate ranges differently across retail formats and what are best-in-class examples of packaging adapting to changing store settings?
- Compelling point-of-sale displays and packaging cues which trigger impulse purchases in-store
Head of Category Management - Sweet Treats
MESSAGING & MARKETING - INTERACTIVE EXERCISE
12.30 Stand Out On The Shelf With Best-In-Class & On-Trend Marketing & Messaging Which Builds Brand Loyalty, Reputation & Encourages Repeat Purchasing
Ensure your packaging showcases your latest product innovations, reflects latest consumer preferences, grabs attention and reinforces your brand identity! How can you best integrate your packaging into your wider marketing campaigns, shout about your product’s green, free from or ‘new-and-improved’ credentials and genuinely convey the advantages of your product innovation - in the right way
12.50 Lunch & Informal Networking For Speakers, Partners & Delegates
INFORMAL PEER-TO-PEER DISCUSSION ZONES
13.15 Informal Peer-To-Peer Discussions Zones Covering The Following Topics:
R&D Fine Fragrances: Former Director Consumer-Centric Product Design
B. Messaging & Marketing
D. Innovating Product Formats
13.50 Afternoon Chair’s Opening Remarks
Nicole van Leeuwen
Global Filling & Packaging Performance Head
CONSUMER & SUSTAINABILITY-DRIVEN PACKAGING DESIGN
14.05 Remeo Gelato Case Study: An Entrepreneurial Approach - First-On-Shelf Designs To Stand Out On Shelf, Drive Sales And Engage Consumers
Jacopo di Vonzo
Co Founder & CEO
14.30 How Do We Get The Circular Economy Turning?
innocent drinks share their approach to packaging innovations, industry collaboration and consumer engagement.
Head of Circular Economy
15.00 Afternoon Refreshment Break & Informal Networking
NPD CONCEPT TO LAUNCH - THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX
15.30 NPD Strategies Which Think Outside The Box & Take Packaging Ideas From Unique Concept To Successful Launch
- Successful insights to identify the latest market and packaging trends that will work for your brand
- In a competitive environment, what does it take to excite, surprise and delight consumers?
- A technical strategy to deliver innovation transformation and novel packaging
Director of Research & Development & Technical Implementation
FUTURE TRENDS & RETAILER VIEWS - Q&A PANEL
16.00 Exploring Fit-For-Future Innovation-Led Packaging Trends Which Will Appeal To Retailers & Consumers Alike
- Which packaging materials, formats and functions are retailers finding attractive – and which are the innovative products which stand out on their shelves? What are retailer expectations moving forwards?
- As retail environments face the squeeze, how can we continually justify the investment in new packaging designs?
- What would you identify as the new and exciting packaging opportunities on the horizon?
- What is the evolution towards the packaging of the future going to look like? And how will we be able to realise these innovations?
Beer & Cider Procurement Manager
Mitchells & Butlers
Lilly Da Gama
Food Waste Consultant
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
16.35 Chair’s Closing Remarks & Official Close Of Conference
Are you interested in getting involved in The Consumer-Driven Packaging Trends & Innovations Conference? For more information, please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 or email email@example.com.